Week of June 28
- What makes you feel welcome somewhere?
- Can you share a story of a time when you felt very welcomed?
- Have you ever felt unwelcome?
Read Together: Matthew 10:40-42
40 “Anyone who receives you receives me, and anyone who receives me receives the Father who sent me. 41 If you receive a prophet as one who speaks for God, you will be given the same reward as a prophet. And if you receive righteous people because of their righteousness, you will be given a reward like theirs. 42 And if you give even a cup of cold water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded.”
- What did you find interesting in the Bible passage for today or in the video about it?
- Does it change how you think about welcoming people after reading that when we welcome others, we are welcoming Jesus?
- What are some ways we can welcome people and show they God’s love, even during the pandemic?
- Make a welcome sign for your front door. Jesus says in our story today that when we welcome others, we are welcoming him. Imagine welcoming Jesus at your door…what would you do?
- Draw a picture of yourself welcoming someone, or of someone welcoming you.
- Write out one of the verses from the story in an interesting way, and illustrate it. Consider sending it to a friend.
- Make a comic strip about someone giving someone else a cup of water, and then realizing that the person they gave the water to was Jesus…
- Set up a tea party or picnic. As you take turns serving each other, imagine that you are actually serving Jesus. According to this Bible story today, you are actually serving Jesus (and God the Father) when you serve each other.
you have taught us through your Son
that love fulfills the law.
Teach us how to love you with all our heart,
all our soul, all our mind, and all our strength,
and to love our neighbours as ourselves;
through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever.