Trinity – June 7
Read Together – Matthew 28:16-20
16 Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him—but some of them doubted!
18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Watch the Story
Discuss the Story
In the Great Commission, we are sent out to share our faith with one another, serve and to encourage others to know and love Christ. Just like Jesus said to his disciples before His Ascension: “Go into all the world” and spread the good news to the whole world. This command wasn’t only just for the disciples – it’s for us too. He wants everyone to be part of the Great Commission. Jesus gave us a very important job to do.
- What did you like about this story?
- Was there anything that was new or surprising to you?
- The story tells us how some of the disciples doubted, even after seeing Jesus. What doubts do you think the disciples had?
- Do you remember who first told you about Jesus?
- Can you think of someone who needs to hear some good news?
- If you had good news to share, who might be the first person you’d share it with?
- What are some ways you can communicate God’s love to others?
Please help us to love and serve others
Those near us, and around the world
Thank you for allowing us to be part of your great plan
Help us to share the good news
And spread your love to one another
Thank you for your love
We love you, God!
In Jesus name, Amen!
- Write out the last verse of the story (“I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20) in a beautiful way, with some illustrations or decorations. Put it up somewhere in your house to help you remember that Jesus is with us.
- Look at a globe and discuss features of our great planet. What might it mean to go into ALL the world? How big is the world? How many countries are there? Which is the largest? What do you know about the work of a missionary?
- What does a secret agent do? We get to be agents of God’s love! Think of some “secret” ways of serving others, helping someone else feel loved?
- Use Dominoes to set up a “domino effect” – chat about how it illustrates the power of one kid telling another about Jesus.
- Sending…the Great Commission has to do with a sending into the world. Celebrate this by sending someone a letter or card. People need to get those good news messages.
This Week’s Resources